Terms of Service Agreement
Some information is required in order for us to register your name or perform other services for you. If you are unfamiliar with our easy-to-use procedures, at any time you may click "Contact Us" at the bottom of any page for more information.
By clicking the "Place Your Order" button, you agree to the full Terms and Conditions of this site including the domain name registration agreement before requesting service. Please read all the "Terms and Conditions" carefully.
All communication is via email. Therefore, you are required to keep a current email address in your contact information at all times. As renewals are non-refundable, we will send an email reminder notice 60 days prior to expiration to the email address on your account. Domain names will be renewed and charged 30 days prior to expiration (when the auto-renew option is checked).
By clicking on the "Place Your Order" button and/or by requesting the use of any of our services, you agree to be a party to and to be bound by the terms of the agreements.
- What Personal Information About Customers Does SecureHost.ie Gather?
- Information You Give Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on our web site or give us in any other way. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, providing our services (e.g., domain name registration, DNS hosting), and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses our sites. Examples of the information we collect and analyse include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) click stream to, through, and from our Web site, including date and time. We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track user's movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
- What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser. Besides using the information as described above, SecureHost.ie utilises cookies to control the flow of the ordering processes by maintaining the state of your online transactions.
- Does SecureHost.ie Share the Information It Receives?
- Yes, we do share information but only as described below. Otherwise we will not provide your personal information without your consent.
- WHOIS: We are required by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers ("ICANN"), the organization that assumes responsibility for domain name allocation, to collect information about you during the domain name registration process. This information includes your full name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and, where provided, your fax number. ICANN then requires all registrars to make your full name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and, where provided, your fax number, as well as the creation and expiration dates of your domain name registration and the name server information associated with your domain name, to the public via an interactive Web page and a "port 43" WHOIS service. For the purposes of this Privacy Notice we will refer to this information as your "WHOIS Information." Please note that we may not be able to control how members of the public may use the WHOIS Information.
- Partners: We partner with other parties to provide specific services. When the user signs up for these services, we will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services.
- Business Transfer: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or their assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, if SecureHost.ie or all or substantially all of its assets were ever to be acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Compliance: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; enforce or apply our Services Agreement and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of SecureHost.ie, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- How Secure Is Information About Me?
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input and the information we may send to our agents.
- SecureHost.ie has gone to great lengths to ensure your information is securely obtained and held in compliance with the Card Holder Information Security Program. For example, we encrypt your credit card number during the pirchasing process and we do not store customers credit card details. This ensures that no one may access your credit card from our system.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
- What Information Can I Access?
- SecureHost.ie gives you access to certain information about you for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. To view or change this information, log-in to your account. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- Sites provided by SecureHost.ie contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.
- SecureHost.ie does not sell services for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use our services only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
- Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
- If you choose to visit SecureHost.ie, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms and Conditions, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Ireland. If you have any concern about privacy at SecureHost.ie, please send a thorough description to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly. This Notice and the Terms and Conditions will change also, and use of information that we gather now is subject to the Privacy Notice in effect at the time of use. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes.
Domain Registration Agreement
THIS AGREEMENT HAS A PROVISION FOR ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
This Registration Agreement ("Agreement") sets forth the terms and conditions of your use of domain name registration and related services ("Services"). In this Agreement "you" and "your" refer to you and the registrant listed in the WHOIS contact information for the domain name. "We", "us" and "our" refer to the registrars listed at the bottom of this document, any one of which will be the registrar for your domain name and all of which share common ownership, common terms and conditions, and a shared Services infrastructure. To determine which registrar your domain name is registered with, perform a WHOIS lookup at www.who.is.
- Your Agreement: By using the Services, you agree to all terms and conditions of this Agreement, the UDRP (defined below) and any rules, policies, or agreements published in association with specific Services and/or which may be adopted or enforced by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers ("ICANN"), any registry, or governments.
- Changes to this agreement: This Agreement may change over time, either through amendments by us, changes to ICANN policy or applicable law which may or may not be reflected in the text of this Agreement, or otherwise. Before any material changes to this Agreement become binding on you (other than changes resulting from a change in ICANN policy or applicable law), we will notify you of such changes by, for example, sending email to you at your email address of record. If, as a result of such a change, you no longer agree with the terms of this Agreement, your exclusive remedies are (a) to transfer your domain name registration services to another registrar, or (b) to cancel your domain name registration services with us. Your continued use of the Services following notification of a change in this Agreement indicates your consent to the changes. Unless otherwise specified by us, any such change binds you: (1) 30 days after we notify you of the change, or (2) immediately if such change is a result of a new or amended ICANN policy or applicable law.
- Your Account: You are solely responsible for maintaining, securing, updating, and keeping strictly confidential all login IDs and passwords, and for all access to and use of your Account by you or any third party.
ACCOUNT CONTACT INFORMATION AND DOMAIN NAME WHOIS INFORMATION:
- You must provide certain current, complete and accurate information about you with respect to your Account information and with respect to the WHOIS information for your domain name(s). You must maintain and update this information as needed to keep it current, complete and accurate. You must submit the following with respect to you, the administrative, technical, and billing contacts for your domain name registration(s) and other Services: name, postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone number, and where available, fax number. The type of information you are required to provide may change and you must provide such information and keep your Account information current. Not providing requested information may prevent you from obtaining all Services.
- You may provide information regarding the name-servers assigned to your domain name(s) and, if we are providing name-server services to you, the DNS settings for the domain name. If you do not provide complete name-server information, or if you purchase "Name Only" Services, we may supply this information (and point your domain name to a website of our choosing) until such time as you elect to supply the name-server information or until such time as you elect to upgrade from "Name Only" Services.
OBLIGATIONS RELATING TO THE ACCOUNT AND WHOIS CONTACT INFORMATION:
- If, in obtaining Services, you provide information about or on behalf of a third party, you represent and warrant that you have (a) provided notice to that third party of the disclosure and use of that party's information as set forth in this Agreement, and (b) obtained the third party's express written consent to the disclosure and use of that party's information as set forth in this Agreement.
- You represent and warrant that the statements in your application are true and that no Services are being procured for any unlawful purpose, including but not limited to the infringement of any intellectual property right, the unauthorized transfer to yourself or any other party of any domain name or Services, or the violation of any laws, rules, or regulations (the "Illegal Uses"). Providing inaccurate information, failing to immediately update information or engaging in any Illegal Uses will constitute an incurable material breach of this Agreement. Your failure to respond for over ten (10) calendar days to inquiries by us concerning the accuracy of Account and WHOIS contact information shall constitute an incurable material breach of this Agreement.
- You are responsible for regularly monitoring email sent to the email address in your Account. You may lose your rights to the domain name(s) or your right to receive the Services if you do not respond appropriately and timely to an email sent in conjunction therewith.
ACCESSING YOUR ACCOUNT:
- In order to change any of your Account or domain name WHOIS information, you must access your Account with us. It is your duty to safeguard your Account login identifier and password from any unauthorized use. Any person in possession of your Account login identifier and password will have both the ability and your authorisation to modify your Account and domain name information, initiate transfers of your domain name(s) to other registrars, initiate registrant changes to your domain names which may terminate your rights to use such domain name(s), update DNS changes to your domain name(s) which may result in changes to the content associated with your domain name(s) and take other actions which may affect or terminate your rights and access to your domain name(s) and/or the Services.
- We will take reasonable precautions to protect the information we obtain from you from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction of that information and such reasonable precautions include procedures for releasing account access information to parties who claim to have lost account access information. If we take reasonable precautions in relation thereto, IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE IF SUCH REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS DO NOT PREVENT THE UNAUTHORISED USE OR MISUSE OF YOUR ACCOUNT IDENTIFIER OR PASSWORD AND, EVEN IF WE FAIL TO TAKE REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS, OUR LIABILITY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL BE LIMITED BY THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY PROVISION FOUND IN PARAGRAPH 13 BELOW IN THIS AGREEMENT.
- If you contact us alleging that a third party has unauthorized access to your Account or domain names, we may charge you administrative fees, currently set at €50 (Euro) per hour, for our time spent in relation to the matter, regardless of whether or not we return control over the Account and/or domain name(s) to you. You will indemnify us for any reasonable solicitor fees and costs we may incur in relation to the matter, even if those fees and costs accrue as a result of defending an action, or responding to a threat of an action, initiated by You or a third party.
SHARING OF WHOIS INFORMATION:
- We will make available the domain name registration information you provide or that we otherwise maintain to the following parties: ICANN, any ICANN-authorized escrow service, the registry administrator(s), and to other third parties as ICANN and applicable laws may require or permit (including through web-based and other on-line WHOIS lookup systems), whether during or after the term of your domain name registration services of the domain name. You irrevocably waive any and all claims and causes of action you may have arising from such disclosure or use of such information. We may make publicly available, or directly available to third parties, some, or all, of the information you provide, for purposes of inspection (such as through our WHOIS service) or for targeted marketing and other purposes as required or permitted by applicable laws, including by way of bulk WHOIS data access provided to third parties who enter into a bulk WHOIS data access agreement with us. We reserve the right to discontinue providing bulk WHOIS data access to third parties.
DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION.
- ICANN oversees registrations and other aspects of the gTLDs. We also are registrars for a variety of country code Top Level Domains ("ccTLDs") (such as .ie .co.uk, .ca, etc.). For a partial list of registry administrators and for more information on gTLDs, see http://www.icann.org/tlds/. Domain name registrations are not effective until the registry administrator puts them into effect. Domain name registrations are only for limited terms which end on the expiration date. For domain names which are created as a new registration out of the pool of available domain names, the term begins on the date the domain name registration is acknowledged by the applicable registry. For domain name registrations which were not returned to the pool of available domain names, the term begins on the date the previous registrant's domain name registration was acknowledged by the applicable registry.
- We are not liable or responsible in any way for any errors, omissions or any other actions by the registry administrator arising out of or related to a request to register, renew, modify the settings for, or transfer of a domain name registration. You acknowledge that domain name registration is a service, domain name registrations do not exist independently from services provided pursuant to this or a similar registration agreement with a registrar, domain name registration services do not create a property interest and you have no such property interest in any domain name(s) which you may register with us.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE SERVICES:
- We are not responsible to determine whether the domain name(s) you select, or the use you or others make of the domain name(s), or other use of the Services, infringes legal rights of others. It is your responsibility to know whether or not the domain name(s) you select or use or allow others to use infringe legal rights of others.
- We might be ordered by a court or arbitrator to cancel, modify, or transfer your domain name; it is your responsibility to list accurate contact information in association with your Account and to communicate with litigants, potential litigants, and governmental authorities. It is not our responsibility to forward court orders or other communications to you. Our policy is to comply with court orders from courts of competent jurisdiction as well as UDRP Panel decisions. If you contact us informing us that you are contesting a court order from a court of competent jurisdiction, we may, but are not obligated to, place a transfer lock on the domain name pending the outcome of the dispute. If you contact us informing us that you are contesting an adverse UDRP Panel decision, your time limits and procedures to do so are subject to the requirements set forth in the UDRP. We will not delay implementation of a UDRP Panel decision based solely on your informing us that you intend to contest the decision.
USE OF FREE SERVICES:
- In consideration for providing additional optional Services for which we do not charge an additional fee, including, but not limited to, free trials, URL forwarding, email forwarding, free parking page, free website hosting, free email services, or other free services which we may introduce from time to time ("Free Services"), we may display advertising in conjunction therewith through the use of pop-up or pop-under browser windows, banner advertisements, audio or video streams, appendices to emails, or any other advertising means, and we may aggregate for our own use, related usage data by means of cookies and other similar means. We may discontinue any Free Services at any time with or without providing you prior notice.
- From time to time we may provide you with free or low-cost domain name(s) registration services ("Promotional Name(s)"). If we do so, the services for the Promotional Name(s) will be placed in the same Account as your other domain name(s) and you will be listed as the registrant, though we may point the Promotional Name to IP address(es) of our choosing. If you want to assume control over the services provided to the Promotional Name, including the right to transfer or push the Promotional Name service to other registrars or other Accounts or the ability to control the DNS settings for the Promotional Name, you must pay the promotional registration fee or renewal fee, if any, and the terms of this Agreement will apply to such Promotional Name(s). If you do not want the Promotional Name services, you may request that you be removed as the registrant of such Promotional Names and we may be listed as the domain name registrant or we may delete such domain names or make them available to others. For any domain name services, including these Promotional Names, for which you are listed as registrant but for which you do not pay the registration or renewal fee, we may assign name-servers to the domain name and point the domain name to IP address(es) designated by us until the registration or renewal fee is paid.
SERVICES PROVIDED AT WILL; TERMINATION OR SUSPENSION OF SERVICES:
- We as your primary service provider may reject your domain name registration application or elect to discontinue providing services to you for any reason within 30 days of a Service initiation or a Service renewal. Outside of this period, we as your Primary Service Provider may terminate or suspend the Services at any time for cause, which, without limitation, includes (i) registration of prohibited domain name(s), (ii) abuse of the Services, (iii) payment irregularities, (iv) allegations of illegal conduct, (v) failure to keep your Account or WHOIS information accurate and up to date, (vi) failure to respond to inquiries from us for over ten (10) calendar days, or (vii) if your use of the Services involves us in a violation of any third party’s rights or acceptable use policies, including but not limited to the transmission of unsolicited email or the violation of any copyright.
- If we terminate or suspend the Services provided to you under this Agreement, we may then, at our option, make either ourselves or a third party the beneficiary of Services which are substantially similar to those which were previously provided to you. If we have grounds to terminate or suspend Services with respect to one domain name or in relation to other Services provided through your Account, we may terminate or suspend all Services provided through your Account. No fee refund will be made when there is a suspension or termination of Services for cause.
- At any time and for any reason, we may terminate the Services thirty (30) days after we send notice of termination via mail or email, at our option, to the WHOIS contact information provided in association with your domain name registration. Following notice of termination other than for cause, you must transfer your domain name within such thirty (30) day notice period or risk that we may delete your domain name, transfer the registration services associated with your domain name to ourselves or a third party, or suspend or modify Services related to your domain name. If we terminate Services for a reason other than cause, we will provide a pro-rata refund of your fees.
- Your registration of a domain name is subject to suspension, cancellation or transfer by any ICANN procedure now in affect or which may come into affect at a later date, by any registrar or registry administrator procedures approved by an ICANN-adopted policy or any policy adopted by any ccTLD registry or governing body, to correct mistakes by us, another registrar or the registry administrator in administering the domain name or for the resolution of disputes concerning the domain name or as a result of any government decree, rule, law or regulation.
- You agree to pay, prior to the effectiveness of the desired Services, the applicable Service fees set forth on the Pricing Page or otherwise communicated to you. In the event any of the fees for Services change, we will use reasonable efforts to give you thirty (30) days prior notice of such changes on the Pricing Page or by other reasonable means. Please check the Pricing Page often for any changes to our Services fees. All fees are non-refundable, in whole or in part, even if your domain name registration is suspended, cancelled or transferred prior to the end of your then current registration term, unless this Agreement specifically provides for a refund. At our option, we may require that you pay fees through a particular payment means (such as by credit card or by wire transfer) or that you change from one payment provider to another.
- We do not offer credit and all services must be paid for in advance. We will not be held liable for any loss of service due to an unpaid invoice.
Cancellation of Services:
- Hosting and domain services are provided for an initial term of 12 months (unless explicitly defined under contract) and shall automatically renew for subsequent 12 month terms, until terminated in accordance with this agreement. After the Initial Term, subscribers may terminate this agreement by selecting the "Do Not Renew" button within your client area. Should the subscriber wish to terminate this agreement for any reason during the initial term, a cancellation fee equal to three (3) months monthly service fee will become immediately due, and subscriber acknowledges and agrees to pay such fee. A customer may only terminate a contract during the Initial term with the agreement of Secure Hosting Ltd. Secure Hosting Ltd may in its sole discretion terminate this Agreement at any time. In the event that Secure Hosting Ltd terminates this Agreement for reasons other than breach of this Agreement by Subscriber, then Secure Hosting Ltd shall endeavor to the extent reasonably possible to provide 30 days notice to Subscriber. Subscriber is liable under this Agreement for all fees and charges until such time as the Agreement has been terminated. SUBSCRIBER UNDERSTANDS THAT UNLESS WRITTEN NOTIFICATION IS RECEIVED BY SECURE HOSTING LTD AFTER THE INITIAL TERM, THE SERVICE SHALL CONTINUE AND SUBSCRIBER WILL CONTINUE TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYMENT OF APPLICABLE SERVICE FEES.
SecureHost reserves the right to disable any hosting service at any time if it detects there is a reasonable suspicion that it is being used in conjunction with the practice of spamming.
Customers must immediately address all spam related issues raised by SecureHost within 24 hours. Failure to respond within this timeframe may result in the suspension of your service.
- In the event of a charge back by a credit card company (or similar action by another payment provider allowed by us) in connection with your payment of fees for any Services, we and/or your Primary Service Provider may suspend access to any and all Accounts you have with us and/or your Primary Service Provider and all interests in and use of any domain name registration services, website hosting, and/or email services, including all data hosted on our systems and may be assumed by us, as the case may be, or may be terminated. We may reinstate your rights to and control over these Services solely at our discretion, and subject to our receipt of the unpaid fees and our then-current reinstatement fee set forth on the Pricing Page or otherwise communicated to you. Reinstatement of Services may be according to the terms of a particular. If you have an issue with credit card or other payment charges, you should contact us first regarding the issue before you contact your credit card or other payment process company to request a charge back or reversal of the charges.
EXPIRATION AND RENEWAL OF SERVICES:
- It is your responsibility to keep your own records and to maintain your own reminders regarding when your domain name registration or other Services are set to expire and to maintain current and accurate credit card information should any Services be placed on "auto-renew." We will notify you when renewal fees are due. Should these fees go unpaid, your Services will expire or be cancelled. Payment must be made by credit card or such other method as we may allow or require from time to time. If you select automatic renewal of the Services, we may attempt to renew the Services a reasonable time before expiration, provided your credit card or other billing information is available and up to date. It is your responsibility to keep your billing information up to date and we are not required to, but may, contact you to update this information in the event that an attempted transaction is not processed successfully. Please note: for certain TLDs, the automatic renewal option is not available.
EXPIRATION OF A DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION:
- Immediately after the expiration of the term of domain name registration services and before deletion of the domain name in the applicable registry's database, we may direct the domain name to name-servers and IP address(es) designated by us, including, without limitation, to no IP address or to IP address(es) which host a parking page or a commercial search engine that may display advertisements, and we may either leave your WHOIS information intact or we may change the contact information in the WHOIS output for the expired domain name so that you are no longer the listed registrant of the expired domain name.
- Reactivation Period Process. For a period of approximately 30 days after expiration of the term of domain name registration services, we may provide a procedure by which expired domain name registration services may be renewed. We may, but are not obligated to, offer this process, called the "reactivation period." You assume all risks and all consequences if you wait until close to or after the expiration of the original term of domain name registration services to attempt to renew the domain name registration services. We may, in our sole discretion, choose not to offer a reactivation period and we shall not be liable therefore. The reactivation period renewal process, if any, may involve additional fees which we and your Primary Service Provider may determine. We may make expired domain name services(s) available to third parties, we may auction off the rights to expired domain name services (the auction beginning close to the end or after the end of the reactivation period), and/or expired domain name registration services may be re-registered to any party at any time.
After the reactivation period, we may:
- Discontinue the domain name registration services at any time thereafter without notice. In which case, certain registry administrators may provide procedures by which discontinued domain name registration services may nonetheless be renewed. We may, but are not obligated to, participate in this process, typically called the "Redemption Grace Period" ("RGP"). We may, in our sole discretion, choose not to participate in the RGP process with respect to any or all of your domain name registration services and we shall not be liable therefore. If available, RGP typically ends between 30 and 42 days after the end of the reactivation period of the domain name services. The current RGP fee is €90 and does not include any registration fees that may also be due. We are not obliged to contact you to alert you that the domain name registration services are being discontinued; or
- Pay the registry's registration fee or otherwise provide for the registration services to be continued. In which case, we may then set the name-servers and the DNS settings for the domain name services, we may set the DNS to point to no IP address or to IP address(es) which host parking page(s) or a commercial search engine that may display paid advertisements, and we may change the contact information in the WHOIS output for the expired domain name so that you are no longer the listed registrant of the expired domain name. We do not have to pay you any of the proceeds we may earn as a result. We are not obliged to contact you to alert you that the domain name registration services are being continued. The domain name will be designated as being in the extended redemption grace period ("ERGP"), and you will be allowed to assume, during the first 120 days of the then extant registration term, complete management of the domain name services, including the right to control the DNS settings, provided that you pay the fee set forth on the Pricing Page plus any registration fees. After the end of the 120-day period, if you do not exercise your rights under this provision, you have abandoned the domain name services, and relinquish all interests and use of the domain name services; or
- If we auctioned the domain name services to a third party, we may transfer the domain name registration services to such third party. In which case, the third party who won the auction for the domain name services will control the domain name services, including control over the WHOIS information and the DNS settings. You may recover the domain name registration services for a period of up to 42 days after the end of the reactivation period, as such reactivation period applied to you. We are not obliged to contact you to alert you that the domain name registration services are or were auctioned. We do not have to pay you any of the proceeds we may earn as a result of such an auction. To exercise your rights to recover auctioned domain name services, you must contact us and provide us with a certified letter addressed to "Expiration Recovery" and include documents setting forth your identity and address, which identity and address must be the same as the registrant as it was listed in the WHOIS information for the domain name services immediately prior to expiration, a copy of a commonly accepted (in the United States) picture ID (such as a drivers license or passport) which supports your identity and address claim, a front and back photocopy of the credit card you used to pay for Services and you must provide a statement authorizing payment of the reinstatement fee to such credit card, which amount is set forth on the Pricing Page, plus any registration fees. In doing so, you must provide us with sufficient time, in our sole discretion, to allow us to receive and evaluate your documents and to contact the auction winner prior to the end of 30 days after the end of the reactivation period of the domain name services.
- Transfer of your domain name(s) services shall be governed by ICANN's transfer policy, available at http://www.icann.org/transfers/, including the Registrar Transfer Dispute Resolution Policy, available at http://www.icann.org/en/transfers/dispute-policy-12jul04.htm as well as the UDRP as described in Section 16 of this Agreement, as these policies may be modified from time to time. To transfer your domain name(s) you should first login to your Account to lock or unlock your domain name(s) and/or to obtain the EPP "AuthCode" which is required to transfer domain services in an EPP registry (such as .org). Alternatively, you should contact your Primary Service Provider to have your domain name(s) services locked or unlocked or to obtain the EPP "AuthCode." If your Primary Service Provider is unresponsive, you may contact us to have your domain name(s) locked or unlocked or to obtain the EPP "AuthCode" though we may first contact your Primary Service Provider to request that the Primary Service Provider address the request. Only the registrant and the administrative contacts listed in the WHOIS information may approve or deny a transfer request. Without limitation, domain name services may not be transferred within 60 days of initial registration, within 60 days of a transfer, if there is a dispute regarding the identity of the domain name registrant, if you are bankrupt, or if you fail to pay fees when due. We will follow the procedures for both gaining and loosing registrars as outlined in ICANN's transfer policies. Transfer requests typically take five business days to be processed. A transfer will not be processed if, during this time, the domain name registration services expire, in which event you may need to reinstate the transfer request following a redemption of the domain name, if any. You may be required to resubmit a transfer request if there is a communication failure or other problem at either our end or at the registry. YOU ASSUME ALL RISK FOR FAILURE OF A TRANSFER WHETHER OR NOT THE TRANSFER PROCESS IS INITIATED CLOSE TO THE END OF A REGISTRATION TERM.
- We may place a "Registrar Lock" on your domain name services and this will prevent your domain name services from being transferred without your authorization, though we are not required to do so. By allowing your domain name services to remain locked, you provide express objection to any and all transfer requests until the lock is removed.
OWNERSHIP OF INFORMATION AND DATA:
- We own all database, compilation, collective and similar rights, title and interests worldwide in our domain name database, and all information and derivative works generated from the domain name database. We own the following information for those registrations for which we are the registrar: (a) the original creation date of the registration, (b) the expiration date of the registration, (c) the name, postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone number, and where available fax number of the registrant and all contacts for the domain name registration, (d) any remarks concerning the registered domain name that appear or should appear in the WHOIS or similar database, and (e) any other information we generate or obtain in connection with the provision of Services, other than the domain name being registered, the IP addresses of the primary nameserver and any secondary nameservers for the domain name, and the corresponding names of those nameservers. We do not have any ownership interest in your specific personal registration information outside of our rights in our domain name database.
AGENTS AND LICENSES:
- If you are registering a domain name for or on behalf of someone else, you represent that you have the authority to bind that person as a principal to all terms and conditions provided herein. If you license the use of a domain name you register to us or a to third party, you remain the domain name holder of record, and remain responsible for all obligations at law and under this Agreement, including but not limited to payment obligations, and providing (and updating, as necessary) both your own full contact information, and accurate technical, administrative, billing and zone contact information adequate to facilitate timely resolution of any problems that arise in connection with the domain name and domain name registration and for ensuring non-infringement of any third party intellectual property rights.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Irish law and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
- You shall indemnify us and keep us indemnified and hold us harmless from and against any breach by you of these terms of business and any claim brought against us by a third party resulting from the provision of Services by us to You and your use of the Services and the Server including, without limitation, all claims, actions, proceedings, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, expenses (including reasonable legal costs and expenses), howsoever suffered or incurred by us in consequences of your breach or non-observance of any of the terms of this Agreement.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES: YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT NEITHER THE REGISTRATION OF A DOMAIN NAME NOR THE MANNER IN WHICH IT IS DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY USED NOR THE USE OF OTHER OF THE SERVICES INFRINGES THE LEGAL RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY OR WILL OTHERWISE SUBJECT US TO A LEGAL CLAIM. THE SERVICES ARE INTENDED FOR USE BY PERSONS WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AND BY USING THE SERVICES, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AND ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PROCUREMENT OF THE SERVICES IS ACCURATE. ALL SERVICES ARE PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" AND WITH ALL FAULTS. EXCEPT FOR OUR STATEMENT REGARDING OUR ACCREDITATION AS ICANN-APPROVED DOMAIN NAME REGISTRARS, WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR THE SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, UNLESS SUCH REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES ARE NOT LEGALLY EXCLUDABLE. WITHOUT ANY LIMITATION TO THE FOREGOING, WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER THAT REGISTRATION OR USE OF A DOMAIN NAME UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL IMMUNIZE YOU EITHER FROM CHALLENGES TO YOUR DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION, OR FROM SUSPENSION, CANCELLATION OR TRANSFER OF THE DOMAIN NAME REGISTERED TO YOU. ANY MATERIAL AND/OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF OUR E-MAIL FORWARDING OR OTHER EMAIL SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL AND/OR DATA. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY REGARDING ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED THROUGH OUR E-MAIL SERVICES OR ANY TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OUR E-MAIL SERVICES. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
DISPUTE RESOLUTION POLICY:
- You are bound by all ICANN consensus policies and all policies of any relevant registry, including but not limited to the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy ("UDRP"), which is available at http://www.icann.org/udrp/udrp-rules-24oct99.htm and http://www.icann.org/dndr/udrp/policy.htm along with the UDRP Rules and all Supplemental Rules of any UDRP provider. The UDRP may be changed by ICANN (or ICANN's successor) at any time. If the registration or reservation of your domain name is challenged by a third party, you will be subject to the provisions specified in the UDRP in effect at the time your domain name registration is disputed by the third party. In the event a domain name dispute arises with any third party, you will indemnify and hold us harmless pursuant to the terms and conditions of the UDRP. If you or your domain name is the subject of litigation, we may deposit control of your domain name record into the registry of the judicial body by providing a party with a registrar certificate.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
- All conditions, terms, representations and warranties relating to the Services supplied under this Agreement, whether imposed by statute or operation of law or otherwise, that are not expressly stated in these terms and conditions including, without limitation, the implied warranty of satisfactory quality and fitness for a particular purpose are hereby excluded to o the extent applicable under Irish law. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
- Our total aggregate liability to you for any claim in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise arising out of or in connection with the provision of the Services shall be limited to the charges paid by you in respect of the Services which are the subject of any such claim. In any event no claim shall be brought unless you have notified us of the claim within one month of it arising. In no event shall we be liable to you for any loss of business, contracts, profits or anticipated savings or for any other indirect or consequential or economic loss whatsoever.
- Any notices required to be given under this Agreement by us to you will be deemed to have been given if delivered in accordance with the Account and/or domain name WHOIS information you have provided.
- This Agreement and all applicable ICANN policies and the policies of any relevant registry, including but not limited to the UDRP, together with all modifications, constitute the complete and exclusive agreement between you and us, and supersede and govern all prior proposals, agreements, or other communications. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, or other form of joint enterprise between the parties. The failure of us to require your performance of any provision hereof shall not affect the full right to require such performance at any time thereafter; nor shall the waiver by us of a breach of any provision hereof be taken or held to be a waiver of the provision itself. In the event that any provision of this Agreement shall be unenforceable or invalid under any applicable law or be so held by applicable court decision, such unenforceability or invalidity shall not render this Agreement unenforceable or invalid as a whole. We will amend or replace such provision with one that is valid and enforceable and which achieves, to the extent possible, our original objectives and intent as reflected in the original provision. This Agreement may not be amended or modified by you except by means of a written document signed by both you and an authorized representative of us.